When restless New York City hedge fund manager Robert Fairchild watches the Baltic Dry Cargo Index plunge 97%, registering an all-time high and a 25-year low within the span of just six months, he decides to buy a ship.
Immediately fantasizing about naming a vessel after his wife, carrying a string of worry beads and being able to introduce himself as a "shipowner" at his upcoming college reunion, Fairchild immediately embarks on an odyssey into the most exclusive, glamorous and high stakes business in the world.
From pirates off the coast of Somalia and on Wall Street to Greek and Norwegian shipping magnates, the education of Robert Fairchild is an expensive one. In the end, he loses his hedge fund, but he gains a life - as a Shipping Man. Part fast paced financial thriller, part ship finance text book, The Shipping Man is 310 pages of required reading for anyone with an interest in capital formation for shipping.
- ☛ ISBN13: 9780983716303
- ☛ Condition: New
- ☛ Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
- Binding: Paperback
- Brand: Brand: Marine Money, Inc.
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: Marine Money, Inc.
- Edition: 2
- Publication Date: 2011-06-08
- ISBN: 0983716307
- Publisher: Marine Money, Inc.
- Studio: Marine Money, Inc.
- Number Of Pages: 310
- Price: $12.68